Subject: Re: QC (sigh) again (was: Re: [Leica] Campagnolo vs. Hexar now Rangefinder He...
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 17:31:57 EDT

Doug:

Perhaps I overstated, perhaps my experience is luckier. I bought new three
M4s and ten M lenses manufactured between 1964 and 1972. None has ever had a
hint of a problem through years of use. I have since the mid-1970s bought new
an R3MOT and an R6 and perhaps another six or seven lenses built either in
Midland or Wetzlar (and a 28-70 Elmarit zoom fabricated somewhere in Japan -
Sigma?) and the only servicing I ever needed was a $50. repair on the R3MOT
meter by the repair man to whom Stan Tamarkin sent me.

QC must indeed make us sigh but to me it seems indisputable that quality
problems are today at a level never never never experienced by Leitz/Wetzlar.

Seth    LaK 9