Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Applied Science Fiction & black tape
From: Cmrausr@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 17:20:35 EDT

In a message dated 5/18/01 5:03:13 PM, sdmp007@pressroom.com writes:

>   As regards to my using black tape..... Well, I do use it.....only to
>  tape down the auxiliary finders on my cameras.

I started doing that as well about 20 years ago when a friend of mine went
out to use his brand new 21 for the first time. Just after he crossed a busy
four lane intersection on foot he realized that his metal finder had fallen
to the pavement in the middle of the intersection...... Just in time to see
an 18 wheeler run over it. He had to pry the flattened remains out of the
asphalt. It was about the overall thickness of a nickel.

Scott Stewart