Subject: RE: [Leica] was Here's my portfolio... now fun photo stories
From: "Jay Burleson" <jayburleson@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 00:19:09 -0700

A long time ago I was using my 4x5 at the Grand Canyon. I got so tired of
constant interruptions from everyone - ""I had one of those things when I
was young, but had to sell it during the depression", or "Ooh, what is that?
Is it some kind of camera?" So I taped up a sign to my tripod that said
"Sorry, the photographer is deaf and dumb".
The first person to come up after that looked at the sign, then me, then the
sign again, and said in a very LOUD voice, "What kind of camera is that?"
I looked at him, shrugged, and made some funny motions with my hands ala
sign language (when I really wanted to give him a one-fingered sign...)
2 minutes later a lady comes by, looks at the sign, smiles, and starts
giving me her life story in American Sign Language.
I had to give up and confess at that point!
Next I folded my gear up and went in search of a tall glass of single-malt,
but that is another story.

Jay Burleson
"Smoke me a kipper boys, I'll be back for breakfast!"
http://www.jayburleson.com/