Subject: Re: [Leica] Black tape flavors?
From: Steven Alexander <alexpix@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 10:53:02 -0400

> Mr. Basso,
> In the event your post isn't tongue in cheek, may I ask, "Why?"  I mean it's
> some kind of music event where the lighting will probably be wild and
> wonderful for photography and everyone is going to be paying attention to
> the musicians and not a Leica carrying photographer and his toys. So why
> bother black taping them, only to clean them later.

> window to cut RF flare, so something that will come off easily when I want
> it to with little residue is preferred).<<<<
>
> And this is so easily corrected by merely shifting the camera ever so
> slightly without mucking up a fine piece of gear with gooey stuff, tape or
> otherwise.
>
> Given this kind of music situation, it's probably at a decibel range to blow
> your eardrums, so I'd be far more concerned with recommendations for an
> excellent set of ear plugs!
>
> Now that's a far better question and may well save you from wearing bionic
> ears in later life. ;-)
> ted
> Ted Grant Photography Limited
> www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

If you are concerned about the white lettering on your tool, try using a
Sharpie ultra fine and make the white letters black...no sticky crap.
However, Ted is very correct in his advise GET EAR PROTECTION or you might
be be speaking in all caps and wondering what the answer returned is.

Happy snaps,
Steven Alexander