Subject: [Leica] Oxford shop/Morris photographics
From: bkmercer <bkmercer@clear.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 00:55:51 +1200

- ------------------------------

Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 10:02:17 +0100
From: David Prakel <dgp@btconnect.com>
Subject: [Leica] Re: London/Oxford shops
on 13/5/2001 8:01 am, Robert Appleby at
owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us wrote:

> I lived in Oxford for about 16 years, and know the Morris people very
well.
> I bought my first camera (a Leica, due to seeing HCB's portraits) there
in
> 85. The only piece of Leica equipment they have had for as long as I can
> remember is an empty M4-P box they want £20 for!

I was going by their recent advert in AP which lists about a dozen older
Leitz items - though curiously none are guaranteed.

David

I'm an old lurker to this list though this is my first reply to the list.

In regards to Morris's in Oxford, they are a good crowd!.Last year i worked
there for three months while my wife was ttending the university. They do
get a resonably regular intake of second hand Leica in the shop though most
of the "good"stuff goes pretty quickly. It's a surprisingly busy place.

By the way, they do offer a good competitive price for Lowepro stuff.

And no i don't work there any more, so this is not a sales pitch!!:-)

Bruce