Subject: Re: [Leica] Shutter controls on screw-thread Leicas
From: "Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy" <watteau@krakow.neurosoft.net>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 11:44:54 +0200

> Here is something I've always wondered about.  The instructions for
> that the mechanism would self-destruct.
>
> Does anyone know?

Mi'y'a :)
(but why you didn't try it on your SM Leica? Do you really are
as lazy that you expect I will check it out for you? :)

Simple: to engage slow speeds you HAVE to set fast speed wheel
on 1/20 (or 1/30, depends on model). For other settings slow
speed mechanism is not engaged at all and may be set to whatever
you think* will impress** the chicks*** :-)

*) 1/2 sec. Works. :)

**) "Geez! What a old camera! How old it is? OLDER THAN YOU???? :)"

***) Big EOS with 2.8/300 is better. Especially if you have problems
with self-acceptation :)

SM Leicas are indestructible!

Best :)
- -----
                                St.
                     (Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy)
              http://www.geocities.com/Stanislaw_Stawowy
            Echelon/Carnivore lines: Bob Black, Hakim Bey,
           Ralph Klein, Sabotage in the American Workplace