Subject: [Leica] Re: Konica fiction - a term definition
From: "Victor Wek" <photvictor@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 20:52:41

I probably do not understand current “Konica fiction” discussion, because of
mix terms used. What is “image quality”?
If we all agree that photography is a form of art , image quality is
immeasurable. We can discuss film quality, lens quality, paper quality, when
we agree what we will measure to define that. But image quality, how
technically we can measure image (painting?) quality of Van Gogh or Rafael
art?
For certain effect older Leica lenses can be better then newer (i.e. bokeh).
And I can understand DR Summicron has better “image quality” then the newest
one, if I look for particular visual effect the newer lenses lack.

I am confused,
Victor
Earth, Solar System