Subject: Re: [Leica] hood 12585 on 35f2?
From: Adi Soon <adisoon@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 01:43:12 +0800

Hi

I used to have a 12585 but I lost it on a train to Paris. So I bought the
rectangular one, which is more compact but which I like less than the
12585. To answer your question, the hood doesn't vignette, but be careful
of these rectangular light flares that make a strip three quaters of the
length of the top part of the frame. The 12585 has cut outs that allow one
to see through in the viewfinder. It is these that sometimes, at strange
angles allow stray light to enter the lens causing this flare streak. Take
a look at the following picture for what I mean.

http://www.geocities.com/leicanut/eusoff16.JPG

My less favoured rectangular hood though has no such problem

By the way, I recounted my story of my lost hood some time back on the LUG
and it garnered no response. Well...

- --Adi

- --