Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: News from Solms
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 16:58:32 -0700

>My nephew, a business photo pro,  has been invited last week to the Leica
>factory in Solms. He could use all kind of material, bodies  and lenses. And
>he was also guest to some meetings. He saw a 4FWD Nissan FWD 3000 pounds
>passing above a R8 without dammage for the camera. But most important matter
>he saw a prototype of  a new SLR with focus assistance. Is perhaps AF coming
>to Leica? Is perhaps modernity coming to Leica? Which will the priests of
>Leica old tradition think about? I don't mind to have a Leica, with Leica
>quality, with LEDS and micromotors.
>
>Kind regards
>
>Félix

Félix,

It could be that the focus assistance is provided by those Gnomes from
Solms we keep hearing about.

Perhaps two gnomes will sold with every camera, having been trained to
stand on either side of the photographer and focus the lens - one moving
the focus ring to the left, the other to the right - whenever the
photographer tilts his head to one or the other side.

Now THAT'S AF Leica-style!

Guy