Subject: [Leica] Cleaning slides for scanning
From: James J Dempsey <jjd@jjd.com>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 08:12:18 -0600

I am about to scan a lot of my father's old slides with my new Nikon
LS-4000.  (Obligatory Leica content: they were taken with a pre-war IIIc,
modified by Leica NY to do flash sync with a Leica NY (bulb) flash unit.)

Many Kodachromes, Anscochromes and some Ektachrome mostly from the late '40s
and '50s.  (The Kodachromes have held up quite well, the Anscochrome less
so.)

What is the best way to approach cleaning these slides prior to scanning
them?  I don't want to do anything that might damage these already old
precious slides.

Thanks,
                       --Jim Dempsey--
                         jjd@jjd.com