Subject: Re: [Leica] Voigtlander 21/f4
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 20:48:32 -0700

I just got one yesterday from Stephen Gandy. I gave it the torture test
today with Neopan 400 and 1600. Great balance, fits the M6 very
compactly, and is rangefinder coupled. I'll process tomorrow and
probably make a few test 8x10's by Tuesday/Wednesday.
The finder has brightlines, and has a slightly offset shoe mount so has
not to interfere with the shutter speed knob on the LTM. It also places
the finder slightly closer above the lens on the M.
All in all, reminiscent of my old 21 F4 S/A more than the 21mm F3.4 S/A,
which I also used extensively. The performance of the 21 F4 S/A was very
poor, so anything current is bound to be a few notches better. As to it
being better than the 21mm F3.4 S/A, I won't be able to tell until
tomorrow when I lupe the test negs.
I have the black model, which is anodized rather than black paint.
If it performs as Tom A. has claimed it can, it just might very well be
a keeper.

Best,
 Slobodan Dimitrov

Replies: Reply from Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net> (Re: [Leica] Voigtlander 21/f4)