Subject: [Leica] Re: Opinions on the Telyt-R 350mm 4.8 lens
From: David Prakel <dgp@btconnect.com>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 19:23:28 +0100

 At 07:06 PM 5/11/01 -0600, Greg J. Lorenzo wrote:

> I'm not sure if this question has been asked here before but I would
> appreciate receiving some informed opinions on the Telyt-R 350mm 4.8
> lens.
>
> Optical quality on its own and combined with the 2 times extender?
>
> Regards,
>
> Greg J. Lorenzo
> Calgary, Alberta
> Canada

Greg

I owned one of these lenses for a very short time only but was impressed
with its optical quality - sharpness and contrast. It was excellent wide
open. What persuaded me to sell it was the slowness of focusing in the near
range and the minimum coverage when focused close - I think I would have
ended up using the lens with a Macro adapter for what I wanted. I found the
lens quick to focus from 70ft to infinity but too slow from 70ft down to its
close focus. I also found the lens very heavy for hand holding which again
was something I was hoping to be able to do.

I never used the lens with a x2 extender. I'm glad I tried the glass but it
just wasn't for me.

Regards
David

Replies: Reply from "Greg J. Lorenzo" <gregj.lorenzo@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Opinions on the Telyt-R 350mm 4.8 lens)