Subject: Re: [Leica] LEE'S PAW
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 07:18:54 -0700

Lee Bacchus wrote:
>>> I've got diddly to offer this week other than a couple of shots from
close
> to home and from around the neighborhood
> (http://www.photo.net/photodb/presentation.tcl?presentation_id=52810). But
> must-keep-photo-a-week-promise...<<<<<<<<

Hi Lee,
Unfortunately, despite the great eyes of the child, my eyes go right to the
opening in the curtains behind the head! If it were possible for you to have
moved right or left to get away from that opening it would have been an
interesting shot. Not great, but interesting due to the eyes.

Or if one were to "cheat slightly" ;-) the opening could've been removed
with PhotoShop. ;-)  Naw I wouldn't do that. ;-) Me? Never. :-)

As for the alternate? A quick bending of your knees to squatting position
allowing the blind person to walk by so that the white cane he's using was
strong in the foreground would've been story telling in the visual sense
without a word caption.

The picture is loose with too much throw away space, it's sort of like you
reacted: "Hey there's a blind guy!" Camera up, click and that was it! No
more thought than that. Right?

If not, that is what it looks like, a quick point and shoot that could've
been executed much better.

The angle of shooting was OK to keep the sidewalk leading off into the
background, however, it's the height that took away from the impact of what
could've been.
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant