Subject: Re: [Leica] Shame on the LUG
From: Gerry Walden <gerrywalden@cwcom.net>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 07:40:35 +0100

- --=====================_5136859==_.ALT

At 00:02 11-05-01 +0100, you wrote:

>  And it is pitifully cheap -- Leica cannot make a
>profit from it.

I really wanted to go on this and I thought it would be relatively cheap
from England. The Leica price was DM1980 which works out to 627UKP (or 900
USD). You add to this about another 200UKP for hotel accommodation either
end of the stay plus 200UKP for travel there and back and it comes to over
1000UKP (or 1500USD). I am afraid I do not call that a cheap break! Even
from the UK it is probably cheaper to go to Kennebunkport and spend time
with the delightful Ted Grant, BD and all those other people I had the
pleasure to meet in Boston.

Gerry
- --=====================_5136859==_.ALT

Leica cannot make a<br>
profit from it.<br>
I <u>really</u> wanted to go on this and I thought it would be relatively
cheap from England. The Leica price was DM1980 which works out to 627UKP
(or 900 USD). You add to this about another 200UKP for hotel
accommodation either end of the stay plus 200UKP for travel there and
back and it comes to over 1000UKP (or 1500USD). I am afraid I do not call
that a cheap break! Even from the UK it is probably cheaper to go to
Kennebunkport and spend time with the delightful Ted Grant, BD and all
those other people I had the pleasure to meet in Boston.<br>
Gerry</font></html>