Subject: [Leica] RE: RE: Konica
From: Félix López de Maturana <fmaturana@inicia.es>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 21:34:39 +0200

> They are different cameras. Have different lenses.
>
> Use Hexar lenses on Hexar cameras. Use Leica lenses on Leica cameras.
>
> Dilemma solved.
>
> Jim

My position exactly to the last detail!

Mark Rabiner

Jim and Mark,

 Priests of the Leica religion. This matter goes a lot beyond the
consideration on if one can use Konica in Leica or vice versa. For you for
what I see the possession of certain things goes a lot beyond the rational
use of reputed tools they are cameras, cars or any other thing. They are in
fact symbols of a status, a social success, a to be above other people.

I wonder if who is proud of something that possesses for their famous name
he won't need of that external shine to hide some type of personal weakness.
In my atmosphere it is of better pleasure to use simple but practical things
or not to boast of what is possessed, since that it is supposed. I don't see
any inconvenience then, if it is that it is really possible, in using lenses
Konica in Leicas bodies unless that is a heresy for that particular religion
class. I don't know Mr.Puts but I don't believe that it locks in itself all
the wisdom of the world. I think that it is interesting to hear the users of
Leica that use lenses Konica or Voigtländer and to listen their opinion on
the obtained results. Our money is always scarce and it should be rationally
wornout.

We are members of the Lug but, before that, we are fond of the photography

Kind regards.

Félix.

Replies: Reply from Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com> ([Leica] RE: Konica RE: Leica Re: eR)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] RE: RE: Konica)