Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Konica facts
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 08:55:30 -0700

>>Of course, if anyone mentions equipment failures with a Leica, they're
>>branded a whiner and ostracized for publishing it on this list.  If they do
>>the same with a Konica, it's proof that Leica is the only brand worth
>>buying.
>
>I've noticed that, too.

This is not entirely true.

Like many of us, I have posted problems I was having with a Leica camera
and got sound advice on what the problem might be and how it might be
repaired. The posts that draw the flak are those - and there was recently
one such post - that say:

"Hey, I just spent $X,000 on a f****** Leica camera and for that kind of
money I expect it to be goddam perfect!*@#$ How many of you out there have
been reemed by Leica as I just have been?!?!?"

That kind of beligerent post I personally could live without, as it seems
to be little more than bootless griping. No useful information is requested
and we generally never hear back from the poster if and when their problems
are solved.

But aside from that sort of thing, there is and always has been (at least
as long as I have been on this list) a lot of Leica bashing as well. To say
that this is not the case is simply untrue.

Guy

Message from Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com> (RE: [Leica] Konica facts)
Message from "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com> (RE: [Leica] Konica facts)