Subject: [Leica] RE: Konica fiction
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 08:45:12 -0700

- --=====================_499224176==_.ALT

At 09:35 AM 5/10/01 -0400, Marc James Small wrote:
>I believe we've been through this before.  Karl Kellner (he of the Kellner
>Eyepiece design) founded what is now the Leica company in 1849.  Is Konica
>older than this?  I believe it IS older than Hasselblad and Linhof.
>
>Marc

I'm sure Marc is correct but I won't needle him for his sources... ;)

But for Adrian Bradshaw, the word Heritage does not mean age. It means:

1 : property that descends to an heir
2 : something transmitted by or acquired from a predecessor
3 : LEGACY, INHERITANCE, TRADITION

Not simply age.

Leica's heritage is its quality and precision. Its time tested ability to
perform, basically forever (in human terms.) It continues that legacy. The M6
has inherited its features and quality from the M3. The M3 was a newer design
following the tradition of the very long line of LTM cameras.

The lineage runs from Oscar to the current M6. You can trust the current
derivation (M6) to perform because of its heritage.

What can be said about the Hexar?

It is a Konica camera that is made for Konica lenses.

Jim

- --=====================_499224176==_.ALT

&gt;At 02:38 PM 5/10/2001 +0800, apbbeijing@yahoo.com wrote:<br>
&gt;&gt;As for the product's<br>
&gt;&gt;heritage, I think you will find Konica have been in the photo
business<br>
&gt;&gt;longer than any of the companies you mention: Hasselblad, Linhof
and Leica.<br>
&gt;<br>
At 09:35 AM 5/10/01 -0400, Marc James Small wrote:<br>
&gt;I believe we've been through this before.&nbsp; Karl Kellner (he of
the Kellner<br>
&gt;Eyepiece design) founded what is now the Leica company in 1849.&nbsp;
Is Konica<br>
&gt;older than this?&nbsp; I believe it IS older than Hasselblad and
Linhof.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;Marc<br>
I'm sure Marc is correct but I won't needle him for his sources...
;)<br>
But for Adrian Bradshaw, the word Heritage does not mean age. It
means:<br>
Not simply age.<br>
Leica's heritage is its quality and precision. Its time tested ability to
perform, basically forever (in human terms.) It continues that legacy.
The M6 has inherited its features and quality from the M3. The M3 was a
newer design following the tradition of the very long line of LTM
cameras.<br>
The lineage runs from Oscar to the current M6. You can trust the current
derivation (M6) to perform because of its heritage.<br>
What can be said about the Hexar?<br>
It is a Konica camera that is made for Konica lenses.<br>
Jim<br>

Replies: Reply from Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com> ([Leica] Re: RE: Konica fiction)