Subject: Re: [Leica] eyepiece replacement?
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 14:28:14 EDT

Dans un courrier dat=E9 du 08/05/01 23:13:58 Paris, Madrid (heure d'=E9t=E9)=
,=20
jbcollier@home.com a =E9crit :

> Gosh Darn It Mr. Goodtimes,
> =20
>  But I have been trying everything rubber I can find! It does not come off=
!
>  Is there a particular type of rubber you used; a piece of exhaust hanger=20=
or
>  something like that? The worst thing is that I do not even need to get my
>  eyepiece off; I am just curious.
> =20
No problem John . Use the exact engine mount of a 66 Chevy Nova , left side=20=
.
Right side doesn't work !
Just kidding .
I used a flat piece of hard rubber , can't remember what exactly , but it=20
worked .
Maybe you're eyepiece is too tight .
You also could find the right size of pliers , the kind of pliers made to=20
remove=20
Canon plugs ( nothing in common with the Canon photo brand , but canon=20
electrical plugs are widely use in aircraft industry . )
These pliers have round shaped mouth covered with thick and soft plastic .

On the other hand , I have learned not to touch a Leica , unless it is=20
absolutly
necessary . Don't try to fix it if it's not broken .
Chears=20
JO GOODTIMES -FRANCE/ AIRBORNE RADAR TECH / LIVE FREE OR DIE