Subject: [Leica] Digital M
From: "Dante A. Stella" <dante@umich.edu>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 08:28:58 -0500

I was talking to a rep last night and heard something interesting about
the next generation of digital, specifically the convertible SLR.  K*,
who OEMs a lot of other brands' digital equipment, just prototyped two
models - an autofocus SLR that has a film chamber but adds a CCD pickup
from the prism and another AF SLR with interchangeable digital and film
backs (a la Ektra).

Only time will  tell under whose name these will show up, but hearing
something like that makes me reluctant to hold my breath for an M body
with digital capability - since the bucks are elsewhere.