Subject: [Leica] Re : Tri Elmar
From: "Bernard Degaute" <bernard.degaute@village.uunet.be>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 12:00:38 +0200

>For the 35 position , no problem . The lock is firm , audible and the lens
>remains where you set it .
>Going from 35 to 50 , the lens is locked on the 50 position , but the
frames
>on the M6 are between 35 and 50 position . All 4 frames are showong at
>the same time . This never happened with my older M6 .
>To correctly get the 50 position on the camera , I had to push the lever
>a little bit , and then it stayed well on that position .
>Or I had to go to the 28 position , then come back on the 50 .
>No problem for the 28 position , except that , like on my older M6 , it
>can be disengaged very easily .
>
>So is this a problem with the first 3E's ? Feedback welcome .

I've a classic (non TTL) silver M6 from 1995 and I have also this kind of
problem when I use a Elmar 50 with an adaptator. As I use mainly (95%) a 35,
I must wait a few few minutes with the 50 on the camera to see the 50mm
frame and sometimes I have to push the lever a little bit too - looks like
there is something stiff in the viewfinder  .

Bernard

bernard.degaute@village.uunet.be