Subject: [Leica] 1st Orthodox wedding
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 22:24:17 -0400

I just did my first Russian Orthodox wedding here in DC at St.
Nicholas'. What a wonderful contrast to the weddings I normally do! It
was much more fun & intersting shooting the couple surrounded by a crowd
of standing family and friends rather than standing in front of a bunch
of people sitting in rows falling asleep. The interior was also bright
and evenly lit with natural lighting so I was able to dispense with
flash, which I hope will bring out the very colorful interior. I shot
the inside with an M6 and an M4-P mostly using a 35mm and a 50mm with
one or two overall shots with the Heliar.

Unfortunately, I didn't have so much fun on the groups outside. The
surrounding are pretty blah (it's a block from the US Vice President's
residence) and the sun chose that moment to pop out in all its
intensity. I used flash on the Hassy (which I hate shooting outdoors)
and crossed my fingers, which is how they will remain until I see the
results. One day I think I'll just shoot the whole damn thing on the
Leica handheld and forget about people's expectation of seeing a medium
format camera. I suspect that they'd get better pictures that way.

Simon Stevens