Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Delta 400 New
From: henry <henry@henryambrose.com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 18:41:40 -0500

>Please correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this simply indicate that
>the development is too long? I would think that if you cut your
>development enough, the highlights would come back to normal...
>
>Isaac
Well, yes in the obvious way of thinking about it. Thats what I thought
at first.
BUT
I also get some pretty flat, dull, negatives that way. There's something
a bit different about this film. I'm not sure what. The curves that
Ilford publishes are not too strange or out of whack but the film just
does not look right. I have not shot enough of it yet but in the next
week or so I'll have it licked or I'll switch films. I've been a big user
of XP2 which has wonderful tonality. It also scratches very easliy. I'm
trying to replace it with a conventional, 400ish film that gives very
similar tones. The new Delta 400 is excellent in certain conditions using
the methods I've tried. I want it to be excellent in ALL conditions - I
want to LOVE it!
That's why all the fuss.

Replies: Reply from Isaac Crawford <isaac@visi.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Delta 400 New)
Reply from John Hicks <jbh@magicnet.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Delta 400 New)