Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Delta 400 New
From: henry <henry@henryambrose.com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 15:27:17 -0500

>Bill and Henry,
>
>I was going to suggest DDX with the new Delta as that's what I've been
>using for
>several weeks now with great luck.
>
>I typically dilute mine 1.5 oz to 6.5 oz. at 68 degrees for 9 minutes with
>inverting agitation the first full minute with 10 secs per minute thereafter.
>You'll note my dilution is a bit less than the full 2 oz. Ilford
>recommends. I ran
>a roll the other day with their dilutions and found it quite a lot more
>contrasty...all other factors being the same.
>
>Henry, you might try it this way. Bill, you might just give this DDX a
>shot. I've
>a friend who just switched to it...away from Xtol...and loves it. I will
>mention I
>also print with a condenser enlarger.
>Lea

Lea,
Thanks! I've thought about dilution changes but had not done that yet.
I'll try that as well. I've had nothing but good out of DDX with several
films, D100 in particular - just beautiful. Now that I bought all this
Diafine and DiXactol I gotta use it! I'm using a condenser enlarger too,
but as much I want a neg that will fit the dynamic range of my Polaroid
4000.

Henry