Subject: Re: [Leica] Autofocus and 21mm F4 Color-Skopar
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 13:46:22 -0700

Mark Bohrer wrote:

> Mr. Rabiner:
> If I can't see much difference in resolution, contrast or vignetting at
> F5.6 and 8X10 size, I'd prefer to save the $2000 and put it towards, say, a
> 300mm F2.8 Nikkor for my F5. Just because I can afford it doesn't mean my
> frugality flies out the window, especially if there's not much discernible
> difference in optical quality. Yes, my APO-Telyt 135mm F3.4 gives better
> photographic results than my 80-200mm F2.8 Nikkor at the same focal length
> and aperture, so I know what Leica sharpness is. And no, I can't
> consistently get good shots of pro mountain bike racers with my M6 or M3
> and A-T, which is why I use the Nikon equipment for those situations.
>
> Flame on, sir...

I'm sure you'll get better flames from better people coming on to the Leica
Users Group telling us you cant see the difference and you cant afford it but
when it comes to the big bucks you can afford you'll spend it on Nikon glass!!

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA
http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/