Subject: Re: [Leica] Autofocus and 21mm F4 Color-Skopar
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <joseph@yao.com>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 02:23:55 +0800

on 3/5/01 3:07 am, Steve LeHuray at icommag@toad.net wrote:

> Since ya'll are talking 21mm I have been thinking about getting a Kobalux
> 21/2.8, about $600 from Adorama with finder and M adaptor. Anybody used this
> lens?

Yes, I have.  It is a very good lens.  Not as sharp as the Elmarit 21/2.8
ASPH, especially at wide open, but generally very very good.

My only complaint is that it is a very large lens (filter size 58mm) and its
finder is huge - if it were a lens it could take a 39mm filter!

If form factor is important I would say the Skopar 21/4.0 is a better
choice.  It is sharper and is cheaper at approx. US$350 with finder.

Joseph