Subject: Re: [Leica] leica nikon or canon for macro work (was quality control)
From: McFadden Peter <leicausergroup@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 17:02:53 +0100 (BST)

I have done a lot of macro on flowers and can
recommend the Nikon with ring flash.

If you don't want or use flash try to get the 200mm
micro nikkor the extra distance from the subject
allows much more light and enables much better frame
filling and better DOF.

I found manual focus is much better for macro work as
you can choose the critical point of focus which is
not always in the centre of the frame.

- --- Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com> wrote: > >(snip)
. . . I have things narrowed down to an R8,