Subject: Re: [Leica] Newbie Voigtlander question
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 07:07:07 +0200

David,

The new Voigtlander lenses are indeed very good, I am not sure if $200 is
enough to buy a new one, but you could look at the second-hand offerings. As
for a small bag, I just added a Domke F-5XB to my bag collection. It can be
used a should bag or worn as a waist pack on your belt; it is small  but
easily accomodates a couple of Leica M bodies with lenses attached, or one
body with 2-3 lenses.

Nathan

"David J. Topper" wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Nice to be back on this list.  I'm an amateur who loves getting the
> chance to play around with my late grandfather's M3.  I had it serviced
> by Sherry Krauter a few years back and it continues to take spectacular
> slides.
>
> Anyhow, a friend of mine was telling me about these new Voigtlander
> lenses?  I'm heading to the Grand Canyon in a few weeks and would
> LOVE to have something besides my 55 summicron.  Does any have a
> suggestion?  I don't have lots of cash.  Something around $200 is all
> I can really spare.  Would a 35 be wide enough?
>
> Also ... does anyone have a suggestion for a good carrying case?  I have
> the original leather case, but I'd love something to clip on to my
> backpack belt for easy access, etc...
>
> It's getting tough to justify carrying a camera that weighs as much as
> my tent!
>
> Thanks all,
>
> Dave Topper
> --
> Technical Director - Virginia Center for Computer Music
> http://www.virginia.edu/music/vccm.html

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland