Subject: [Leica] poetry contest
From: "Emanuel Lowi" <mano@proxyma.net>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 20:02:31 -0400

With all of this talk lately about the death of film, and Kodak's recent announcement
that Kodachrome 25 will soon be cancelled, I've decided to launch a second LUG poetry
contest.

Theme: Why Film Will Survive

Format: any kind of poetry - limericks, haiku, sonnets, ballads, epics, concrete,
modernist, rhyming or not etc.

Deadline: Wednesday, May 9th at midnight

How: please send your poems to me if you want them considered, but by all means post
them too to the LUG, for all

Prize: ten rolls Kodachrome 64 Professional in 120 size (expired, but frozen since
purchased fresh by me years ago)

This is a great opportunity for those of you who also use medium format to get your
hands on a discontinued film - and my wife will thank you for making space for a few
more steaks in the fridge.

May the best bard win!

Emanuel Lowi
Montreal