Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: autofocus macro
From: henry <henry@henryambrose.com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 18:14:18 -0500

>At 03:57 PM 5/1/01 -0500, lea wrote:
>>I disagree. See other posts. Or not.
>>
>>See images at www.whinydogpress.com.
>>Lea
>>
>>Jim Brick wrote:
>>
>>> Autofocus MACRO is an oxymoron.
>>>
>>> The limited DOF when photographing at macro distances require focusing on
>>> planes that, for AF, is impossible.
>>>
>>> Jim
>

>I just looked at www.whinydogpress.com. I saw NO macro. Close-up yes, MACRO
>no. Most cannot even be called "close-up."
>
>Also, see Henning J. Wulff's post. And my "Autofocus MACRO is an oxymoron"
>statement still stands.
>
>Jim

Lea,
Macro photography is usually defined as no magnification of the subject
(1X) to about 10 X magnification. That is STARTING at 1:1 subject size to
size recorded on film, as in a subject 1 inch tall being recorded on film
1 inch tall - actual life size. More magnification than about 10X moves
into microphotography.

Less than 1:1 is close-up.

Welcome to the LUG, where no one escapes without a fight :)

Henry

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Re: autofocus macro)