Subject: Re: [Leica] Summilux-R 35/1.4 (WAS: BE AWARE OF BOOTLESS COMPLA
From: Invisible Man <megamax@abacom.com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 01 07:38:35 -0400

>how do you like your Summilux-R 35/1.4 ? Any thoughts you'd like to share
>with us ?

        --> I've never handled (nor seen 'live') this lens that looks
              like one BIG piece of glass.
              Is it cumbersome ? Or does it "fall" well in the hand ?
              The camera viewfinder really must feel very bright, no ?
              35mm at f/1.4 is closer to my heart than Noctilux 50 at f/1.
              Is this 35mm f/1.4 lens "crisp" at most apertures?
              Do the FLE really show "cleaner" at close range than the
f/2
              35mm R-Summicron -- which seems to be considered a
              "classic" ?
              Leica remains a dream, but what a dream it is !

              Lucky dogs !

              Andre Jean Quintal