Subject: RE: [Leica] Air freight shipments - UK to Canada
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 10:23:07 -0600

> The rate list you have posted is undoubtedly accurate but the
> good old post
> office charges $5CAN regardless of value.

And the partnership of Canada Post and Canada Customs can be  (to ones
benefit) very erratic!

I often have major photographic items (4x5 cameras etc) come through with no
bill from customs at all (much photographic equipment is exempt duties,
though not the dreaded GST) - but it is entirely up to chance whether they
do or don't charge duties/tax  (probably depends on whether it was donut
break time or not...).

Then I get a package of inkjet paper this week, worth about $30.00 and they
slapped GST on it...

Tim A

Who is now probably going to be targeted by Customs  :(