Subject: [Leica] Re: Fast or low speed film with flash ?
From: brougham3@yahoo.com
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 09:58:06 -0500

"Logan Reinwood" <reinwood007@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I do not often use flash but when I do, I always ask my self:
>should I take a slow film (50-100) or a faster (200-400)?

I use either 100 or 800 almost exclusively for color negatives.  25 or 400
for B&W.

>The slowest for better film quality or the faster for less
>flash "burning look" picture? I do not speek about fill-in here, but when
>you need flash because there is not enough light.

If there isn't enough light to register an ambient exposure, it doesn't
matter what speed you use if your flash is powerful enough to provide
coverage for either.  I tend toward using 800 speed with my flash because I
can usually get some ambient exposure with that.

I'd rather have a little grain than have a photo where the flash is
overpowering.