Subject: [Leica] Re: C-41 process b&w films
From: brougham3@yahoo.com
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 15:04:27 -0500

On Sat, 28 Apr 2001 10:49:03 -0700, Mark Rabiner
<mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> wrote:

>Incredibly comical though that Van Ripper is judging these films by the color
>they print with as snapsnot proofs on color paper!!! He judges the quality of
>the films by the color the snapshots come out!!!
>There is not attempt to even DISCUSS printing one of these negs and black and
>white paper.
>MORONIC!!!!

Ayup.  I can get acceptable "color" prints from XP2 from my usual processor.
If somebody else is running the machine, it might take a run or two before
they have the right filtration dialed in.

I can see the writer's point, though.  If you just want a B&W print from a
one hour place, perhaps T400CN and Portra are better choices.  <shrug>
Seems like a weird thing to judge, because I can easily imagine that other
places would have better printing results from XP2.  To each his own.

Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] C-41 process b&w films)