Subject: [Leica] Re: A Leica ChallengeTO KICK B. D. ;-)
From: brougham3@yahoo.com
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 09:07:51 -0500

Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com> wrote:

>Why is teacher bashing a cause for such mirth on the LUG? How many of you
>would not be able to communicate in this medium if not for teachers?

Both of my parents were teachers, so I learned how to learn from teachers.

The teachers at my school were pretty horrendous.  I remember writing a
paper in 6th grade English.  My dad proofread my paper and corrected my
spelling of "wierd" to weird.  I handed in my paper.  The teacher
"corrected" the spelling back to "wierd" and wrote "i before e" in the
margin.  Gee, thanks.

Like any profession, there are competent teachers.  And then there are the
vast majority that shouldn't be in a classroom.  Given what teacher salaries
are, I wonder why our best and brightest students don't go into teaching.

Message from Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com> ([Leica] RE: A Leica ChallengeTO KICK B. D. ;-))