Subject: [Leica] LEE'S WEEK 17
From: Lee Bacchus <lbacchus@home.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 11:22:03 -0700

Stayed close to home for this week
(http://www.photo.net/photodb/presentation.tcl?presentation_id=52810). The
kids (yeah, the daughter-with-a-will-of-her-own refused to look at the lens)
were shot with Tri-X (in Xtol 1:2) and the boat with Reala, a film which my
trusty LS-1000 finds hard to scan without revealing some subtly strange
pinkish casts. Anyone else encounter this? Otherwise I love its character
and lack of grain compared with the somewhat grainy Portra 160, which
however gives me almost dead-on hues. For anyone in Vancouver who wants to
see my modest series on the Downtown Eastside ‹ part of a group show in
which others will hopefully reveal more talent than myself ‹ it runs May 5-9
at the Ironworks Gallery at the corner of Main & Alexander. All proceeds
from the show go to a local service agency that toils thanklessly in this
troubled neighborhood.
Lee Bacchus
Vancouver.