Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: photo criticism...
From: henry <henry@henryambrose.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 22:39:35 -0500

Jim Brick wrote in part:
>John produces books, cards, posters, and fine art prints. He has many
>corporate clients as well as individuals. As was recently discussed on the
>LUG or LEG, the web is not exactly representative of what any photograph
>actually looks like in the flesh. You should see John's photographs in the
>flesh. I suspect that the person that built his web site "PhotoShopped" his
>scans for the online galleries and overdid it a little.

Jim,
I'm the one who mentioned filters.
In my web browser his pictures look like some acid flashback from the
70's !
I'm pretty sure there is no photographic paper known to man that can make
those colors. If they were mine I'd sure as hell have the web designer
adjust them so they look more like the real thing.

They DO look like he used every filter ever made.
Every one, every filter ever dreamed of, all at once.

I'm not picking on you or your friend. Or trying to be impolite. His
pictures are probably magnificent, this particular presentation is
lacking.

Best regards,
Henry

Replies: Reply from Isaac Crawford <isaac@visi.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: photo criticism...)