Subject: Re: [Leica] repair
From: henry <henry@henryambrose.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 13:24:21 -0500

>I'm new to the list; just added my website.
>
>Question: I sent a Leica M6 and a 35mm summicron to Leica in NJ for
>repair. Camera had a sticky shutter, lens needed to be cleaned. Cost
>estimate: $297.50 for the camera, $140.00 for the lens. Almost
>$500.00. Is this what you pay for repair?
>--
>

>Vermont People, People of the Great Plains, and The First Time I Saw
>Paris, books by Peter Miller, can be viewed at
>http://www.silverprintpress.com. Peter Miller's stock photography can
>be searched at http://www.yankeeimage.com.

Yes probably thats about right from Leica, although I don't know whats
wrong with either piece. There are other sources for Leica repair. DAG &
Golden Touch come to mind. The good news is that you will probably never
have them worked on again for a long time.

btw - Vermont People is a really nice book, have not seen your others.

Welcome,
Henry