Subject: Re: [Leica] A Leica ChallengeTO KICK B. D. ;-)
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 09:37:23 -0700

>> Was it Dr Johnson who said of critics that a man doesn't have to know how
>>to make a chair to tell whether it is comfortable?
>> John Brownlow
>
>He said one does not have to be a hen to tell that an egg is rotten.  Also,
>if a donkey speaks, everybody can hear he's an ass;  if he shuts up, some
>might think he's a horse.
>Jan

All right, all right; as an unrepentant lover of anecdotia (particularly
with regard to critics and chickens), I offer the following comment made by
André Kertesz to Ralph Gibson (as quoted in Gibson's Deus ex Machina):

"Photographers shoot too much film! If you go to the barnyard even a blind
chicken can find grain!"

Guy