Subject: [Leica] Other TTL flash system with R8, was: Nikon SB28 for M6TTL
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 07:53:33 -0400

>Just my .02 cents. I have no use for TTL flash, the recycle time is to
slow.
>I always use Automatic setting and the reason is I shoot a lot of
corporate
>events, receptions, etc, with Nikon F3HP (which has the TTL feature).

Hi Steve,

I suspect from the above that you have never used a Q2 with Turbo
battery. The recycle time is typically much less than 1 second, and it
stays that way for  400+ exposures. Remind me next time we meet & I'll
bring mine (as long as we aren't walking like on Sunday!).

As Lucien says, it shouldn't make any difference whether the flash is on
TTL or automatic - all that is different is the placement of the sensor.
Now if you habitually shoot at f16 in TTL mode and at f2.8 in auto mode
and use a thyristorized flash , it will, of course, take more juice to
recharge. :-)

Simon Stevens