Subject: Re: [Leica] Colleague's camera
From: "John Black" <jblack@ambio.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 15:14:50 -0400

Paul:

In excellent or better condition that combination has some value but
unfortunately, poor condition cameras and/or lenses have very little worth
unless very rare.  That lens is something of a classic as for speed for it's
time but a VERY poor performer at full aperture unless you like every
highlight to "glow" as if backlit.  The 7s is a good camera but not on par
with the M3/2 which it imitates.

Your friends camera and lens, if in the reported condition, has more
sentimental value that actual market worth.

John Black