Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: wk16/sl
From: Paul Chefurka <chefurka@home.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 15:29:23 -0400

On Sun, 22 Apr 2001 15:14:52 -0500, "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
wrote:

>> Steve:
>>
>> I find the highlights burned out on most of the pictures you post.  Is this
>> a function of my monitor, or the scanning?  I like your first photo the
>> best except for the bright spot on the face.  Is that two girls or a girl
>> and a guy?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Robert
>
>I am not sure about the burned out highlights, Godfrey replied that they
>turned out just fine on his monitor. I am still learning scanning &
>PhotoShop.
>
>The first photo is two girls.
>
>sl

On that one it looks as though both the black point and white point
are clipping (i.e. the shadow and highlight details are being lost).
13, 14 and 15  look OK to me, though they might be a bit higher
contrast than I'd go.  My monitor is hardware calibrated, so I'm
pretty confident I'm seeing what's in the images.

Paul