Subject: Re: [Leica] OT Miniature Rolleiflex
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <joseph@yao.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 11:48:31 +0800

on 20/4/01 5:35 am, leica@davidmorton.org at leica@davidmorton.org wrote:

> Marc James Small wrote:
>
> "The "Leica IIIf" and the "Rollei 2.8F" are products of a Japanese company."
>
> And yet the IIIf is on Minox's web site as a Minox product:
>
> http://www.minox-web.de/english/produkte_classics.html

David,

These ultra compact cameras are manufactured by the Megahouse Corporation in
Japan, and the brand of these cameras are 'Sharan'.  I have a small
collection of them.  You can see the lot at:

http://camera.megahouse.co.jp/collection.htm

The homepage of the company:

http://camera.megahouse.co.jp/

In the days that the Digilux and C11 are both Fuji supplied cameras, I guess
it is not too unreasonable to expect a 'Minox' supplied by Sharan.

Bests,

Joseph