Subject: Re: [Leica] Other TTL flash system with R8, was: Nikon SB28 for M6TTL
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 17:05:29 -0700

Simon Stevens wrote:

> Lucien wrote:
>
> >The only flash system that I know which will work with a R8
> >(and M6TTL ?) is the Quantum Qflash Model T2.
>
> >Okay, it's much to big for a M6TTL.
>
> Hey! That's what I use. Too big is sort or a relative term. If you need
> a flash with some oomph and you are going to be on your feet for a while
> carrying it, then a big flash with a small camera beats a big flash with
> a big camera any day.
>
> Simon Stevens

Also too big for the camera to be specific means to big to go ON the camera.
But certainly NOT too big to just hook up to the camera with a sync cord or
certainly slave.
Studio strobes are for sure in this category but there are lots of in betweens.
The Quantum Q flash is one. My 200C Norman is another.
Have somebody else hold it or put it on a stand. I'm getting as intrigued as
hell with the idea of someone somewhere in the crowd with my slaved flash!

Hope it's not abolished!!!

Mark Rabiner
In a pinch put it on a big bracket. Not elegant but you can still shoot with
your camera.

Portland, Oregon
USA
http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/