Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Hexar RF (was ODDS and ends)
From: Pete Su <psu_13@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 13:09:54 -0700 (PDT)

Electronics aside, I disagree about the motor noise.

The motor on my RF is only slightly louder than the motor on my original Hexar.
This means that in a place with normal ambient noise, I can fire the RF and
someone sitting next to me can't really hear it.

In a strange twist, the camera is a lot quieter in the 'C' (continuous) motor
drive mode than in single frame. In single frame, you get two post-shutter
noises, one for advance and one that winds the shutter (I guess). In the 'C'
mode, you only get one, much quieter, noise.

Having used manual wind cameras, I conclude that the Hexar is at worst only
marginally louder than winding by hand.

As for electronics, I agree that the Leica market has a strange aversion to
electronics. I don't think this aversion is rational. But that's just me. I
don't think it should be a reason to not consider this camera.

Pete