Subject: Re: [Leica] ODDS and ends
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 18:40:53 +0800

Paul Chefurka wrote:
snip
>My point was that, considered purely as a design, the RF is a
>plausible M7.  In fact, it's almost exactly what the M7 dreamers here
>and elsewhere have been asking for, lo these many years.  And it's
>darn near perfectly executed.  And Leica didn't do it.
>
>It's got the electronics, it's got the motor, it's got a swing-open
>back, it's got full-manual operation for everything but the film
>advance, it has the .58 VF that Leica finally realized everyone
>wanted, it takes all Leica's lenses (marketing CYA notwithstanding)
>and it's built like a brick outhouse.
>
>It may yet turn out to be the Betamax RF, but if I was a Leica camera
>designer I'd feel at least a bit embarrassed.
>
>Paul

I still remember when Leica users wanted an M6 with TTL flash capability.
When Solms brought out the M6-TTL, I hear bellyaching like this new toy is
about 1mm taller, shutter speed dial turning wrong way, batteries being
chewed up, etc etc. Leica users are hard to please.

The Konica Hexar RF is a darn fine camera and is the answer to many wish
lists which Solms has so far failed to address. I am using one and my
greatest regret is that I am not using one earlier. All said, I cannot
understand why they did not make that flash TTL on the Konica RF. It could
have been a winner.

Dan K.

Replies: Reply from "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] ODDS and ends)
Message from leica@davidmorton.org (RE: [Leica] ODDS and ends)