Subject: [Leica] Other TTL flash system with R8, was: Nikon SB28 for M6TTL
From: Lucien <director@ubi.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 09:59:59 +0200

kfung@kaifa.com.hk wrote:

> Other than the Leica SF20 and Metz with the appropriate smart shoe adpater,
> I wonder if any one out there knows if the Nikon SB28 will work with the M6
> with TTL control and communicate with the M6TTL properly?

The only flash system that I know which will work with a R8
(and M6TTL ?) is the Quantum Qflash Model T2.

Okay, it's much to big for a M6TTL.

Information from their website: <http://www.qtm.com>

- ---------------
December 1999

TTL adapter for Leica R8 - QF23
The QF23 adapts Qflash T/T2 and Qflash X/X2 to the Leica R8
to provide TTL compatibility with that system.
The QF23 has a flash compensation switch for fill-flash TTL.
The compensation is adjustable from -2 to +2 in 1/3 stop
increments.
This will enable you to adjust your flash to ambient light
ratio when shooting in the TTL mode.

Remember, when shooting 1:1 TTL your camera controls the
flash exposure.
When you choose compensation the flash and camera
communicate with each other to give you the chosen
ambient/flash ratio.

When in Manual or Automatic modes use the QF23 as sync from
the Qflash to your camera.

Lucien