Subject: RE: [Leica] Was Medium format camera (now pit-bull arena)
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 13:13:28 -0400

I don't know about you, but I need the whole camera to take the picture, and
look at it as a system.

Why does a sync speed of 1/1000 make the SO much better?  It doesn't.  It
makes the few lenses available with a 1/1000 sync speed possibly better in a
very particularly isolated situation.  The Rollei lenses are definitely
better if you need to use them for paperweights.

If you particularly need specifically 1/1000 flash sync, and nothing else
will do, and you can deny your self the added benefits of the ability to use
both FP and leaf shutters, a top speed of 1/2000, plus the many other
features the Hasselblad has that the Rollei doesn't (yes, the Rollei does
have some features that the Hasselblad doesn't...useful or not), and if you
don't mind carrying around a camera that can provide housing for a small
family of toasters, the Rollei is the right system for you.