Subject: Re: [Leica] Medium format camera
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 17:53:59 -0700

><Snip> Doesn't "face to face" describe viewing through
> a direct (Leica-like) finder?
I was being very literal Allen!
Face to face, yes but you've got the camera in the way. More like
Face Leica face.  a sandwich with that creamy Leica filling!

With the Rolleiflex resting on my stomach or at waist level it is really face to face:
or face to running football players heading toward me at the 50 yard line.

A problem is you get people looking right at you.
But The picture is of people looking up.
YOU are above the camera a couple of feet.
So when they make eye contact with YOU they are of course not looking at the camera.

But they are not running in the opposite direction or flipping you the bird either!

Love that action finder as you say on the Rolleiflex TLR camera though!
A nice compromise but you've got that heavy camera pointed at eye level again!
That heavy camera is suspended!

Mark Rabiner
and i'm in suspence!

Portland, Oregon