Subject: [Leica] RE: Was Medium format camera (now pit-bull arena)
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 14:51:40 -0700

At 04:52 PM 4/17/01 -0400, Marc James Small wrote:
>  A mechanical
>leaf-shutter design will have, as Austin indicates, some problems with
>accuracy, though less than the error in a focal-plane shutter.  But either
>an electronically-assisted shutter or a pure electronic shutter will be
>immensely accurate.
>

>None of this matters in our current world, of course, where even chromes
>are good for 1/3 of a stop up or down.
>

>Marc

The bottom line, concurrent with Marc's summary. None of this matters one
iota. And if it did, you would not own a Leica M, Hasselblad 500 series, LF
lens with shutter, etc.

As a sidebar, I have an R4sP when tested by Ernst Hartmann, showed 100%
shutter accuracy from 1sec to 1/1000th. Ernst said this is rare and I
should keep it. So I did. I gave it to one of my sons. It is somewhere in
France right now (honeymoon).

Jim

Replies: Reply from Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com> ([Leica] RE: RE: Was Medium format camera (now pit-bull arena))
Reply from Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> (RE: [Leica] RE: Was Medium format camera (now pit-bull arena))