Subject: Re: Too much: was Re: [Leica] europe on 1 roll a day
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 23:56:03 -0400

on 4/17/01 12:06 AM, Dante A. Stella at dante@umich.edu wrote:

> Truly incredible.  How do you operate a Speed Graphic that fast?!
> Any interesting double exposures?

The truly incredible grafmatic back!

Six sheets of film in a cartridge that you cha-chunk like a Remington
shotgun to bring the next sheet of film up. After all six sheets are exposed
the thing locks solid so you can't double expose. I have five of them = 30
sheets. I can fire off six sheets in 30 seconds! Then about 20 seconds to
change magazines. i carry all the magazines in cargo pockets on my pants
(you need a pretty strong belt).

These things are fiendish!

There are details on graflex.org

(plus a cable release taped to a hammerhead flash so I can fire the shutter
with my right thumb while I focus and cock the shutter with my right hand)

No double exposures at all!

Still a long way to go with learning to use this equipment but amazing
potential.

The real texas Leica!

- --
John Brownlow